My Cats Are French

They are often haughty and aloof. They have a serious aversion to bathing. They eat disgusting things. They prefer their females unshaven. They are certain of their superiority to the point of arrogance even though they are neutered. But unlike the French, these boys are sweet, lovable fur balls who do not care for Jerry Lewis movies. And they never, ever surrender.


Name: CFOMahm
Home: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States
About Me: Italian/Polish (yes, that does make me both opinionated and dense, but there is definitely good eating at my house!). Fan of bad jokes, crossword puzzle addict, old enough to know better, but still young enough not to care. Known to the Gang of Three as "Mommy Cat - Almighty Keeper of the Can Opener and Mistress of the Front Door".
See my complete profile

Thursday, June 01, 2006

It Worked! Finally! (Kind Of)




Well I don't know what happened, but I had the day off and decided to try again to get things going on the domain I bought a couple months ago, mycatsarefrench.com.

I had no success publishing before - couldn't understand anything about ftp and how to download it or use it once I did. Tried a bunch of times and gave up. Well...evidently in my absence this last month, my site provider upgraded some things. I was fed up and decided to just work on building my blog/webpage and then I would get my much more computer literate buddy to help me download and set up the ftp program and then open it for me one time and then I'd be good to go. All day I worked on my page. Then what the heck, after calling my friend and asking if I could come by tonite for some guidance, I decided what do I have to lose, and clicked on "Publish". To my utter amazement, the darn thing did. All my links work! I've even got an "Email Me" link that pops up an Outlook form addressed to my domain!! Whoo-hah!! Now we're cookin' with gas!

Still don't know what happened. Don't know where the ftp program came from. I don't have a real blog per se yet (it's set in a normal website format right now, as opposed to a blog format), although I have a link to this blog on my front page to get by until I figure that part out. Learning the HTML to make posts and archives etc., will be cake compared to the ftp stuff. Maybe tedious, but not so incomprehensble.

In celebration, here is a picture of the stars of my website, the Gang of Three. You can tell by the looks on their faces that "Mommy" is standing just beyond the doorway.




I am looking forward to working on this blog again. The difficulties I had encountered with my new domain had really got me to the point of not giving a rat's rear end. Got my enthusiasm back now.

I think the first thing I will add is the cats' "Mission Statement" to the "About Us" page. (Killing vermin? Stealing food off my plate? Hacking up hairballs on the freshly laundered bedding? THAT all seem to be part of their mission.)

Suggestions from anyone who stops by would be appreciated if you have any ideas on how to import this site to my new one or if you could point me towards a place that I can find the html templates I need to set up posting and archiving. Thanks to all who have been visiting in my absence, and golly am I glad to be back.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home