My Cats Are French

They are often haughty and aloof. They have a serious aversion to bathing. They eat disgusting things. They prefer their females unshaven. They are certain of their superiority to the point of arrogance even though they are neutered. But unlike the French, these boys are sweet, lovable fur balls who do not care for Jerry Lewis movies. And they never, ever surrender.


Name: CFOMahm
Home: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States
About Me: Italian/Polish (yes, that does make me both opinionated and dense, but there is definitely good eating at my house!). Fan of bad jokes, crossword puzzle addict, old enough to know better, but still young enough not to care. Known to the Gang of Three as "Mommy Cat - Almighty Keeper of the Can Opener and Mistress of the Front Door".
See my complete profile

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Another Use For Kitty Litter

The trucks our drivers use are small domestic pickups that handle poorly in the best of conditions. We try to put a little extra weight in the back during the winter season. Two years ago, when I was still driving, we threw a couple 40# bags of Ice Melt in back of each. Unfortunately my bags got stolen while I was making a delivery. (I swear some people will take anything that isn't tied down.) I was furious that anyone would be such a lowlife and wanted to figure out something I could put in the bed that no one would be able to take - or would regret if they did. It came to me a couple days later. At the time we had 5 cats. Lots of poop. I was cleaning the litter boxes thinking how "This stuff sure weighs a lot more used than it does new." The light bulb came on and I put all the garbage bags full of used kitty litter inside the empty kitty litter bags and taped them back up. It took a couple weeks till I had enough, but in the winter of 2003, I drove around with 100# of nastiness in my truck bed. One of those bags got stolen as well and I still smile imagining the surprise that thief got when he opened his ill gotten gains. Got plenty for our drivers this season. Good Kitties. Mommy's little poop machines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home